What data do we collect?
The MaCoBioS project website collects the following data:
- Cookies when you visit our website.
- Personally identifiable information (including name and email) when you register to receive our news or invitations to our forthcoming activities.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the MaCoBioS project with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online to receive our news or invitations to our forthcoming activities.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
The MaCoBioS project may also receive your data indirectly from the MaCoBioS newsletter.
How will we use your data?
The MaCoBioS project collects your data so that we can:
- Understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
- Email our news and invitations to forthcoming activities to you.
- Send you details of meetings and events.
How do we store your data?
The MaCoBioS project website and email address are hosted on the Ionos platform. Your data may be stored through Ionos and Google data storage, databases and the general Ionos and Google applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
The MaCoBioS project uses Mailchimp to manage the newsletter and invitation mailing lists and send emails to these lists. Mailchimp is headquartered in and has offices in the United States. Its servers are also located in the United States. This means data processed with MailChimp may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. You can learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices on the link provided at the bottom of the subscription form to our newsletter and invitation mailing lists before you subscribe.
The MaCoBioS project will keep news- and invitations-related information until the end of the project in 2024. Afterwards we will delete your data by deleting the newsletter and invitation mailing list.
What are your data protection rights?
The MaCoBioS project would like to make sure you are aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request the MaCoBioS project for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the MaCoBioS project correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the MaCoBioS project to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the MaCoBioS project erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the MaCoBioS project restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the MaCoBioS project processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the MaCoBioS project transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If your make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
- At our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us:
The MaCoBioS Project Centre for Blue Governance,Faculty of Business and Law University of Portsmouth Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth, PO1 3DE United Kingdom
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us:
The MaCoBioS Project Centre for Blue Governance,
Faculty of Business and Law University of Portsmouth
Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth,
PO1 3DE United Kingdom